An important issue is the choice of the type of royalty free background music you are going to use. By type we mean not only the style of the music, may it be disco, rock or guitar music, pop, classical music or hip hop beats. Read more in this blog post.
Productions levels for background music
- The level of production and arrangement has it’s importance.
- Very often it seems that background is made with cheap, cheesy instruments that sound thin and sterile. Think of toy instruments.
- This is a legacy from the past when background music was indeed often made on cheaper instruments.
- The producer of background didn’t have the budget to book a big studio with expensive synths, to hire professional musician and recording engineers and to mix and master his productions on mixing desks that cost more than a luxury car.
- With the modern ‘in the box’ recording and production techniques all this has changed. Nowadays it is safe to say that a well-crafted instrumental background music track is in terms of production and sound quality at the same level as a commercial record.
Why use cheesy background music?
Cheap sounding instrumental background is still made. Listen to the soundtrack of a lot of corporate video presentations: the drums still sound like a toy drum machine, the selected sound are very cheap and cheesy, the playing is rather steril and the overall production has a sound like it was created and mixed in an inferior studio.
Let me be clear.
When you hear this kind of background music nowadays it is because in ninety percent of the cases the composer or producer deliberately opted for cheaper sounds and production techniques.
I think a lot of creators of corporate presentation videos consciously choose music that actually sounds very cheap because they are afraid that otherwise the music will be too prominent and too much on the foreground.
Choose your background music carefully!
It is important to note that this kind of toymade music may start working on the nerves after some time. The music lacks motion and feel and may become annoying at some point . Hence it is very important to select your background music carefully. Don’t let the track run for too long. More information on choosing background music in the blog post best background music for your website.
We have on our site a wide range of styles and types of background music. And yes, we do produce some cheesy royalty free background music. Browse our catalogue and hopefully you will find what you need. If not, please bookmark our site and come back regularly because our catalogue is still growing.
In the meanwhile,